Pages

Friday, September 21, 2018

My STEAM reflection

 
STEAM - TERM 3
- Coding (Snap4Arduino) and Arduino Boards
In Term 3, the students have been continuing their STEAM learning using the STEAM Electronics kits. They have been learning how to block code using the program Snap4Arduino. The purpose of this learning has been for the students to control one or more LED lights on an electronic arduino board using code. Each week the coding expectation increased and the students showed perseverance in achieving successful outcomes!
Learning Goal 1. To make an LED blink off/on by controlling voltage from 0V to 5V by programming the Arduino.
Learning Goal 2.  To change the speed of blinking to such a high rate that the LED appears to be dimmer.
Learning Goal 3. To make the LED fade on and off by varying the voltage



2018 - Term 3 STEAM - ‘Coding and Arduino Boards’ Reflective Questions


1.was I learning and why?
In whaea debs steam hub we were learning to make 1 or more leds flash.we also learnt how to put the wires in the right places and how to code.

2.What did I do well and how do I know?
i think i was really good at doing the codes to make the led blink.It was very easy to put the code in.

3.What challenged me ……?
my challenge was trying to make 3 LED shine.It was very hard doing the wiring especially when the intructions are muddle up.

4.What would I do differently next time to make my learning more successful ….. ?
I think i would make sure all the wires were in the right places.so that the led would be a little bit brighter and we would be more successful.

5.What have I enjoyed about the learning?
 I enjoyed making the led shine as well as as having my partner there to help me.It was even better when we got two working.

1 comment: